Benefits of 14001 CERTIFICATE:
A lot of economic, social and technical benefits are gained with ISO certification:
- Providing potentially fewer surveillance visits from regulatory agencies.
- Showing your business partners, regulatory agencies, and community that you are environmentally responsible.
- Increasing competitiveness.
- Increasing profits through potential process improvements and energy conservation.
- Reducing your environmental liability.
- Verifying your systems for recognizing and complying with environmental laws and regulations.
- Improving relationships with regulators – organizations that implement an ISO 14001 EMS often report improved relations with government regulatory agencies, find that regulators are quicker to provide technical support, and find that the regulators are much more supportive in general.
- Capturing institutional knowledge – ISO 14001 ensures this information is properly documented, communicated and retained. The cyclical nature of this management system further ensures all system information is reviewed and updated at least annually.
- Streamlining operations – organizations often realize monetary savings as a result of greater operational efficiency and energy conservation, and reduction in use of hazardous materials and generation of hazardous wastes.
- Increased awareness and participation – organizations benefit from better communication about environmental issues inside and outside the organization. ISO 14001 gives people an avenue to raise environmental issues and makes it clear that environmental performance is an important part of the corporate culture.
- Safety benefits – by reviewing the procedures for controlling significant operations, including a review of emergency preparedness and response procedures, organizations are able to identify and implement significant safety improvements.